Q7 Things to Consider Before Asking for a Raise
- Do your homework. What are your collections? How are you impacting your bottom line? What is the cost to employ you?
- How do you provide improved quality of life to your supervising physician or group?
- What specific leadership qualities do you bring to your practice?
- Are there ways you can or have saved your practice money in expenses?
- Make sure to foster your relationships with your colleagues and check in with them regularly. How can I be a better employee and contribute to the overall success of the practice?
- Are there other things you can request that can improve your quality of life as a provider and subsequently as an employee? Do you need more money to attend a CME conference that will further your education? Could hiring a personal scribe save you time and allow you to see 4 extra patients a day?
- If you have been denied a raise now, ask if you can meet with your employer again in a few months to assess how you are doing.
Best of Luck!